What is a Foodie?
A foodie is an affectionate term for anyone who enjoys food! Food lovers, food enthusiasts, food explorers and regular people – our tours are designed for everyone!
What are Okanagan Foodie Tours?
A new culinary experience is catching the attention of foodies at tourist destinations around the world. Enthusiasts are falling in love with “Food Tours” as a unique way to meet people, experience the culture of a region, and enjoy fantastic meals from a destination’s showcase eateries to hidden gems. We’re proud to bring that experience home to Kelowna as The Okanagan’s original walking food tour company.
We offer participants guided 3-hour walking and tasting tours packed full of amazing foods from local artisans along with a sprinkling of commentary to help connect you with the sights and culture of the region.
Why take an Okanagan Foodie Tour?
- Food tours are a memorable way to experience the Okanagan’s vibrant culinary scene, enjoy tantalizing foods and connect with sights and culture along the way.
- Tour guides are foodies themselves and pay attention to every detail to ensure a fun and relaxing, yet satisfying and informative adventure for fellow foodies.
- Chance to meet, support and engage with local food artisans, chefs and restaurateurs.
- Indulge yourself with unique culinary insights and sample delicious foods – taste the “best of the best”.
- Great way to experience new foods and learn about restaurants that you can visit again for the full meal experience.
TIP: If you’re visiting Kelowna, be sure to book your tour towards the beginning of your visit. That way you will have time to return and enjoy the full menu of your new found favourite stops.
As we begin our 7th season I have to thank my tour partners – the restaurant owners, managers, chefs and their teams. Without them Okanagan Foodie Tours would never have come to fruition. After the pandemic pause we are very excited to be resuming our tours this summer. I am so grateful to call Kelowna home and I look forward to sharing a little of our sights, stories, and, most definitely, scrumptious foods with locals and visitors alike.
Let’s ‘take your taste buds for a walk’ with the Okanagan’s original food tour company!
and in Vernon…
I was already actively following Okanagan Foodie Tours on social media when I contacted Nancy, founder, to see if I/we could bring foodie tours to Vernon. Much to my delight it was a resounding yes to work as a team and offer food experiences in Vernon, a city I immediately fell in love with decades ago when my grandparents first moved to the area. I’m very grateful for the opportunity to showcase this area of the Okanagan valley.
My goal is that folks not just eat but thoroughly enjoy a tasty and informative experience by devouring the best food anywhere and learning a bit of history-rich Vernon along the way. Know that we welcome you to take your taste buds for a walk here!